His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I don't mean to sound heartless but...

My husband and I were watching the news tonight and we saw this story.

So we're sitting there watching the story on tv and I notice a nice flat screen tv in the background, I don't really know if it's a plasma or an LCD, I wouldn't really know the difference. I even make a comment to my husband saying, "damn, look at the flat screen tv!" Then the camera turns back to the woman and she says, "I'm on a fixed income and I budget for his doctors and his medication and $90 is not a lot to some people, but it’s the principle,” (This is quoted in the news story as well). Fixed income my ass! LOL

Okay, so it's not my place to judge, it's not my business what she spends her money on. But to use her words, "it's principle." If you are going to go on CAMERA and complain about the cost of medication, why don't you stop showing off your damn TV... on tv!

Hey, we're on a very LOW income budget and WE don't have a flat screen tv. I wish we had her "fixed income."

And no, I am not bitter, just surprised at her audacity to complain on TV!

1 comment:

  1. One of the things I've often noticed is that it appears to be the less money you have the bigger the tv you own. Never understood that one.

    ReplyDelete